Requirements and Procedures for Applying and Selection
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least a 3.0 GPA is required for admission.
- The most appropriate preparation is an undergraduate concentration in biology (molecular and cellular biology or physiology), chemistry (organic, analytical, or physical chemistry), biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, forensics, animal, or environmental sciences.
- Applicants are expected to have completed courses in calculus and physics.
- Only online applications through the graduate school will be reviewed.
- Selection is made on the basis of previous academic work, letters of recommendation, personal statement, and scores on the GRE General Test. Subject test scores in biology and/or chemistry are recommended.
- TOEFL scores are required of students from countries in which English is not the native language.
Recommendations for Applying
- Students are strongly encouraged to demonstrate research experience in their personal statement and letters of recommendation.
- Students are encouraged to have taken or plan to take undergraduate-level biochemistry and physiology courses.