In 2023-24, all PhD students will receive stipends of $40,635 along with tuition support and health insurance. PhD students are guaranteed five years of funding with successful completion of program milestones.
Training Grant Fellows:
- The JGPT has an institutional T32 training grant in toxicology from the National Institutes of Environmental Health Sciences. The training grant supports the tuition and stipend of doctoral students, postdoctoral fellows and clinician-scientists. Trainees appointed to the grant need to be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. Positions are competitively awarded.
- There are a number of teaching assistantships, which include a stipend and tuition waiver. Duties include assisting with lectures, recitations, and proctoring of Pharm.D. exams.
- Through extramural grants, JGPT faculty may also support the tuition and stipend of students.
- Participants in the Research Intensive Summer Experience (RISE) program at Rutgers and affiliated summer programs are eligible for fellowship support from the Summer Pipeline to Excellence at Rutgers Graduate (SUPER-Grad) Program. This award recognizes outstanding summer fellows and provides stipend and tuition support for their first year of graduate studies. Applications are submitted by the Graduate Program Director.
Initiative for Maximizing Student Development (IMSD) Program
- The IMSD program aims to increase the number of talented graduate students from underrepresented backgrounds who are pursuing post-graduate studies towards a PhD degree in a biomedical science-related field. Students in the JGPT are eligible for 18 months of funding through this initiative. Applications are submitted by the Graduate Program Director.
- During their 3rd year, JGPT students often apply for individual fellowships to support their last two years of graduate research. JGPT students have been highly successful in receiving fellowships from the National Institutes of Health, the American Federation of Pharmaceutical Education, and the Pharmaceutical Research Manufacturers of America.